Powder coating is the highly common and popular kinds of the paint application process. However, does this mean it is a right choice for the job. Here you will learn everything you want to know for making the right decision.
What’s Powder Coating?
The Powder Paint Coating is generally applied as the free-flowing powder paint in the dry form. Just think of this as a paint with solvent part removed. Coating will be applied electrostatically & then cured in heat that causes this to form the type of “skin.” Generally powder will be used to coat the metals, but there’re many potential applications.
Benefits of Powder Coating
1. Cost Effectiveness –Like noted above, the process makes little waste. There are significant attendant expenses related to heating and curing procedure though.
2. Environmental Impact –Powder that doesn’t adhere to this surface being coated will be collected & reused, it means there is very little waste. As coating procedure happens in the sealed environment, there’s very little or no risk of the air pollution. It is one benefit to make sure, however, changes in the industry standard mean most of the contemporary coating procedure operates in the most sustainable way.
3. Durability –While cured, the powder coating forms the protective finish, which is harder than the conventional paint. But, that doesn’t mean that powder coating is a most durable thing in the market right now. That depends on an application, alternatives might prove to provide the longer-lasting finish.
Are there any cons?
1. As unused powder particles will be collected and reused, there’s risk of the cross contamination. This makes the precise color matching one frequent challenge.
2. Powder coating is very good in achieving the thick finish but incapable to achieve the thin finish. Projects needing coating build of below 6 mils must rely on the different coating procedure. Along the lines, powder coating isn’t very good in achieving the smooth finish
3. Over long term, the powder coating might lead to the cost savings. However, initial cost of the entry will be significant. Operators should construct the special booth & rely on the expensive oven to complete this process. This will limit size of object getting coated.
Powder coating isn’t the bad option, it is just not an only option or the best option out there. You can find coating solution you want to complete the project just by working with the professional company.